This is a great salad and can be eaten warm after the Farro has just been cooked or cold. It’s a pretty simple salad that is great when the tomatoes and cucumbers are in season. Farro is an awesome grain full of vitamins B & E, Magnesium, and packs about 8 grams of fiber per cup. It’s also a great source of complex carbs.
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 5 or so olives of your choice
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Rinse the farro, then add it to 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer for about 30 minutes or until cooked al dente
- While the farro cooks cut the tomatoes in half, dice the cucumber, and pit and chop the olives
- When the farro is cooked add everything to a large bowl, pour in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix it up. Add black pepper and feta to taste.