This week I’m working a bunch of early morning shifts again, so I was feeling pretty lazy this afternoon when I got home. I decided to make something super easy with ingredients I already had around the kitchen, the only thing I had to buy on my way home was a loaf of bread.
- One baguette of choice
- 1 summer squash
- 1 zucchini
- Goat cheese (I used kind w/herbs)
- 1 small tomato
- Slice the zucchini and squash into thin pieces, saute in some light oil and sprinkle with salt/pepper. Cook until almost cooked through but still a little firm.
- Slice the baguette, brush with a little oil and toast under a hot broiler until crisp on one side. Then remove from oven.
- Spread goat cheese over the less toasted side of the bread slices.
- Thinly slice the tomato
- Now layer the veggies on your slices in whatever manner you please
- Place back under broiler for about 8 minutes until the tomato has started to cook or veggies brown slightly.
The whole thing is pretty quick and easy and comes out looking kinda fancy. I’ve made it with other veggies, I just try to grab what’s in season. This is a great recipe for a potluck or dinner party, but I just like to eat it as a meal some nights.