BBQ Sriracha baked tofu with quick pickled veggies
The pickled veggies:
- Thinly slice some carrot and cucumber
- In a baking dish mix together a few tablespoons of miso paste, crushed garlic, and splash of sake (or gin or sherry)
- Submerge the veggies in the miso-mix and soak for about 30 min
- [courtesy of my listening to The Splendid Table]
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F
- Take one package of extra firm tofu and press out the moisture w/some paper towels
- Slice tofu into 1/4” pieces
- In a bowl mix together some bbq sauce of your choice, some sriracha, a clove of crushed garlic, and some sesame oil (I don’t like to measure if you can’t tell)
- Place the tofu on a baking sheet w/parchment paper and brush with sauce
- Bake for 20 min, then flip and brush the other side with more sauce, bake another 20 min
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
I plan on serving this dish with some brown rice and steamed edamame, after I make it this week I’ll add pics to the post since I have two days off mid-week. Gotta love time for long runs and semi-complicated meals!