Yesterday I spent the day at the beach playing wiffle ball, throwing the football, and jumping into the freezing North Atlantic water. I had bought some watermelon to bring with me and had a bunch left over so I started looking for food pics on Instagram for inspiration. Sometimes I just like to look at food pics and form my own dish from there. It’s a great place for easy inspiration and I don’t feel pressure to follow any recipe so it’s more fun for me. Here’s the dish I made for lunch today.
- Cup of chopped watermelon
- A few ounces of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- A few leaves of fresh basil
Method (super easy):
- Throw the watermelon in a bowl
- Sprinkle feta crumbles around the melon
- Chiffonade the basil, and distribute on top
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar across the salad
I wasn’t sure if I would like the combination of flavors but somehow it works perfectly! It was so refreshing and I had two servings after coming in from washing the car this afternoon. I have a feeling I’ll be making this many times this summer.